THE BUILDINGS

Since their humble beginnings above James Kirkby Riggall’s Grocer’s Shop in Grimsby’s Bull Ring to our current facilities across three sites in Grimsby – read the stories about their history.

Riggall’s Shop in the Bull Ring, Grimsby

The Bull Ring was cleared during 1967-71 to make way for redevelopment. The site of Riggall’s shop is now under the building currently occupied by Wilko and the Sidewalk Café.

Hepworth’s, Strand Street/Freeman Street Corner

Peaks Lane Hostel

Trinity
Architects Drawing of Trinity Campus which will be built adjacent to and will replace the existing hostel.

39 & 41 Heneage Road

The Heneage Road premises around 1970.

 

39 Heneage Road in May 2017
41 Heneage Road has since been demolished.

All Saints Church, Heneage Road

All Saints Church was demolished around 1990 when it became surplus to requirements.

 

The Foyer

Riby Square Hostel
Deep Sea Mission circa 1950 – site of present day Foyer

 

 

 

Imperial Hotel – Grimsby Road, Cleethorpes

Imperial Hotel, Grimsby Road. Cleethorpes. Photos courtesy of Grimsby Telegraph.

Dring’s Temperance Hotel, 78 Cleethorpe Road, Grimsby

The site is now occupied by the NHS Quayside Medical Centre.

Photo from Google Street View.

Community House – Bargate  Grimsby

YMCA Community House, opened in 2009, photograph: Anthony Hatfield